Monday, September 19, 2011

Need a little Help from my Friends

I apologize in advance, this blog might be a little random but lately I've had a lot on my mind when it comes to the topic of "Friends" (and I don't mean the TV show).  

I have lived here for one year now.   Last year this time, I saw myself fitting into a group of friends and having a little bit of a life but it really hasn't happened yet.   Don't get me wrong, I have met a lot of amazing people here, people that I would desperately (it's embarrassing to  use that word,  but it is what it is) love to consider close friends, people that I would love to be able to call up and hang out with but it just hasn't happened.   It's starting to feel a little bit like Roseau all over again.   So, it makes me wonder....

1) Do people just not like me?    I am not looking for pity or sympathy or a pat on the back here at all.   But, when you repeatedly try to plan things and people just don't seem interested, it has to make you wonder right?  

2) Are people just lazy?  Do people just not feel like putting the energy into actually leaving their house and going out to do something?   I will admit, I am a TV addict and I love my computer but if someone were to call me up and see if I wanted to go to a movie or for dinner and drinks, I'd be all about that.   

3) Do other people just have enough friends already?  Maybe it is all about quality over quantity?  Maybe people here already have enough friends and they don't feel they need one more.   

I just want to know what it is.   I am not going to lie, I need friends.  I need someone that I can call when I need to vent or have a funny story to share.   I like to have someone to go out with and have a good time away from my husband and children.   I've never had a best friend so I don't even know what it's like to have that one person that can read your mind and is always there no matter what or how long it's been since you've seen each other.   I have friends, I have a lot of people that I consider really great friends, unfortunately they don't live near me....they live in Michigan, Northern Minnesota, Alabama, Wisconsin, etc.  

Don't women like good old fashioned "Girl's Nights" anymore?   When we bought our house I thought it would be fun to have a party of some sort.  Summer went by so fast that I never got to have the BBQ that I was hoping to throw as a housewarming thing.   So, I decided to have an Uppercase Living Party instead.   The products are fun and affordable and they just came out with a jewelry line, what woman doesn't like jewelry right?   Well, I ended up postponing my party because I only got responses from 3 people.   Pathetic hey?  I'm actually really embarrassed to admit that only 3 people wanted to come.    I don't even care if people order anything, I just want to have a fun, old fashioned girls night with some wine, some food and great company. 

So, I am going to try this again - I schedule another party the night before my birthday.   I am really hoping to get a good turn out.   I need a night of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment