Thursday, February 16, 2012

Black Bean Quesadillas

Since I'm back to being a Stay At Home Mom again and finally feeling better after my surgery and round #2 of bronchitis - I figured I should probably start making some decent meals again.   So, I tried a new recipe and it was so good I wanted to share it with you guys - it was even a hit with the kids.  

Ingredients


Preparation

In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, green pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until softened, about 8 minutes. Add black beans, salsa and corn; cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 5 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate until chilled. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
Evenly spoon bean mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold uncovered half over top and press lightly. Place on large rimmed baking sheet; bake in 425°F (220°C) oven, turning once, until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, and jalape?eppers (if using).

I got the recipe from Canadian Living. Com

No comments:

Post a Comment