Friday, February 10, 2012

Test Results

I had my surgery almost two weeks ago where they took a mass in the lining of my uterus out  to send it for further testing.  Basically they want to biopsy it.   The surgery itself wasn't so bad.  I came out of the sedation talking about Yo Gabba Gabba which is kind of funny.  The doctors were looking at my like I am insane.  Well, I probably would too if I didn't know what it was an someone was going on and on about it.  Anyway, other than some cramping off and on, I feel better.   What is excruciating is having to wait for those test results. It is something that can ultimately change your life.   Just because I am young (which by the way, is middle aged considered "young" anymore?) doesn't mean that I am immune.   I know very young people who have had cancer; some beat it and some were not so fortunate.   All of them, way younger than I am. 

Anyway, I got a letter in the mail today from my dr's office and I have to admit, as much as I wanted to rip that envelope open, I sat on it for awhile.   I was really afraid of what was inside.   So, I ran Jackson to preschool, came home and put The Beast down for a nap and then opened up the letter. 

"Your biopsy came back benign"  is what was inside the envelope.  Thank god.  

No comments:

Post a Comment