Monday, April 9, 2012

"Mama Do It"

  Those three simple words are like nails on a chalkboard lately.   The Beast is going through some sort of separation anxiety thing way beyond what my older two have ever gone through.   He refuses to let anyone do anything for him except for "mama".   It's not even like I can make it fun and turn it into a drinking game because let's face it, I'd be hammered by 10am.  
  This weekend, my parents were here for Easter.  My mom and I took the boys for a walk around the neighborhood and Jackson is still needing help with pushing off and getting started while riding his bike so let my mom push the stroller so I could help Jackson.  Well, you would have thought the world was coming to an end because as soon as The Beast realized that "Mama was NOT doing it" he had a melt down to end all meltdowns.   He was screaming and crying and trying to get out of the stroller while repeating over and over "MAMA DO IT".   Seriously?   So, from that point on, grandma was not even allowed to touch the stroller or he would swat at her.    Yes, I said "swat" at her, isn't he sweet? 
  Last weekend Trevor's brother and sister in law were here with our teenage nephew and it was the same thing all weekend.   Nobody was allowed to touch him to change his diaper, "Mama Do It" or put him to bed, nothing.   Frankly I was looking forward to a little break, people to occupy The Beast so I could do things for the other two kids but that did not happen.   The Beast is so stubborn that heaven forbid he cave in just a little and not make my life a living hell for just one moment.   It would be nice if just once it was "Daddy Do It".  Sigh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment