Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Infuriating

Does anyone has that show on tv that just makes you so angry but you just can't stop watching it?  That show that you hate to even admit that you watch and when you do watch it, you scream at the tv like a maniac?   Well I do.  Surprising hey?   That show is SISTER WIVES on TLC. 

In case you are not familiar with the show it is about a man named Kody Brown who is a polygomist.   In the begining he is married to three women and has a total of 16 children.   They all live together in the same house in Utah but the house is seperated into sections with each wife living in one.  Kody gets to rotate with whom he stays with each night.   Then, halfway into the season, "they" and I use that term loosely, decide to take on another wife, Robyn.   She is young and somewhat attractive (especially compared to the other wives) and is a divorced mother of 3.   By the end of the first season, they are married and Kody and his three "sister wives" are one big happy family with a total of 19 children.

OMG just describing that to you makes me shake in anger.   This show bothers me for so many reasons.   The main thing is, what they are doing is illegal.  You are not allowed to be married to more than one person at a time and here is this man not only breaking the law but advertising it on national tv.  To me, that is his arrogance and self absorbed personality shining through.  He is basically telling the world, look at me, I can do what I want and get away with it.    Then, when they become under investigation for breaking the law and taking part in polygomy, they don't understand why the authorities won't leave them alone and why they are trying to tear apart their family.    Then, Kody makes it well known to his wives that he would not be ok if they took on more husbands.  That is such a double standard, this guy is a major douchebag.    I don't just think that Kody is an idiot, I think these wives are even dumber.  What kind of woman would put herself in that situation?   Most of them have alienated their entire family and jeopardized their children's futures to take part in this great big "love fest".   You can tell that there are so many issues with jealousy that they try to hide and say are ok but it's really not. 

I just don't get it.  I don't want to get it.   Trevor laughs at me when I watch it and scream naughty things at the tv and sit and roll my eyes at everything everyone says on that show but I just can't help it.   And you can bet I won't stop watching it.    I feel the same way about 19 Kids and Counting but that's a whole other post.

No comments:

Post a Comment