Monday, January 16, 2012

I've survived 2 years

I can't even believe that I am sitting here writing this.  The Beast has turned 2 years old.   It's a crazy thought because it still seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the hospital waiting for the little Beast to come out and then taking the itty bitty Beast home from the hospital.   He was so small, smaller than a Cabbage Patch Doll and he screamed a whole lot.   We joke that he came out screaming and hasn't stopped a day since.    Sometimes I feel like my life is like a sitcom with him the main character.   

Christmas was pretty uneventful this year, he still doesn't quite understand what it is all about but once he figured out how to open presents, he thought it was pretty cool.   I have to admit, I scrimped on buying for him because this is the last year that we can.   Next year, he will start to notice when he gets about 10 presents less than his siblings.  

On the day of his birthday, we pretty much did nothing.  I had to work that day and he was sick so we waited to have his party yesterday.  We had a Yo Gabba Gabba theme because that is the only thing that will make the child stop and pay attention to anything.   Sometimes I think he might be nicer to me or pay attention, heck maybe he'd acknowledge me once in awhile if I put on that stupid orange suit that DJ Lance wears.   But, orange really isn't a good color for me so I'll pass.    I want to know who created that show and what they were smoking when they thought of it.   I want some of whatever they were on.

As for his behavior, it's ok but it's certainly not getting any better.  He speaks pretty well and can usually get his point across but like a typical toddler he loves the words "No", "Mine" and "Hey".  He is hateful and stubborn as a mule but yet adorable.  

When he got up from his nap the other day he had peed through his diaper so I took his clothes off to change him.  Well, he was not very happy about that and he started hitting me and screaming "NOOOOO" so I just left him in his nasty diaper at the top of the stairs to "Scream it out".  He finally came downstairs so I wrestled him to the floor to change his diaper.   I got him dressed and cleaned up and threw his diaper in the garbage.  The Beast was so pissed off at me that he went running for the garbage and we had a fist fight because he wanted to get his nasty diaper and put it back on.   Well, I lost the fight and he grabbed it and pitched it at my head.  Nice hey?  

He still isn't sleeping through the night every night and that is just exhausting.  I can officially say that I haven't slept well in over 2 years.   It's amazing how that can wear on your mind and body, I think it's just another way for him to mess with me.   There is nothing worse than waking up out of a dead sleep to a screaming toddler wailing in the next room.  I swear when this kid screams, the house shakes, it's that loud.

As much as I complain about him, I do love him and cannot imagine our lives without him.  Happy Birthday to The Beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment