Monday, June 27, 2011

Are people purposely hurtful?

  I don't understand it.   Are people purposely hurtful to make themselves feel better?   It is so frustrating to me.   As a parent, that is where the most hurtful things come from, other parents.   

  The one subject that really has the issues is this whole "Attached Parenting" topic.   Yes, I understand that you want to be labeled "perfect mom" so you hide underneath the label of being an attached parent.  That certainly doesn't make the rest of us bad parents.   I have been a mom for almost 8 years and I find that most of the time, those who label themselves as an attached parent are the most hurtful.  I could say a lot of mean and nasty things but I'd like to think that I am above that.   I am not saying those people are bad parents.  It's great that you can rush to your child's side every time they whimper and cry and carry them around all day long but I can't and I don't.   Nor do I want to.  That does not make me any less of a parent than them.  

  I have three children, not one.  It is next to impossible to rush to the side of three children everytime they whimper and cry along with taking care of everything that needs to be done and myself.   I also have a very high needs child who dominates my time.   He already cries all day long, if I ran to his side and tried to comfort him everytime he cried, that's all I would be doing all day and all night.  I'm sorry but how is that teaching him anything other than if you cry long enough, you will get exactly what you want?  

No comments:

Post a Comment