Friday, June 10, 2011

The Bachelorette...Episode 3?

I had to blog about this week’s episode of The Bachelorette because I had way too much to say about it to keep quiet. Besides, when do I ever keep quiet about anything right?

First of all, I cannot decide if I even like Ashley. I love that she isn’t drop dead gorgeous and is more of an “everyday” kind of girl but her self esteem issue drives me crazy. Also, the fact that she says how she is certain she’s going to walk away with her husband from this group makes me thing that she is certainly not going to. Oh I’m sure she’s engaged and will be happy with the guy of her choice for about 10 minutes just to try and prove a point. Maybe I’m wrong. But, these guys are something else…..

That brings me to date number one. But, let me just put a little side note in here. I find it hilarious how every time Chris H comes in to talk about the “date boxes” they show clips of the guys either sighing or swallowing like it’s a matter of life or death. So, date number one went to Ben. I don’t even know what to say because I don’t know too many guys who would be excited to take part in a flash mob. My husband would rather gnaw off his right arm than dance in public to a hip hop line dance with 100 other people. He was just gushing and gushing about how cool that was, come on, be real. Then, when they were having dinner and he was going on and on about how he wants to find romance like no other and live in a bubble I wanted to throw up. Seriously, I think I did a little. Talk about coming on a little too strong. He is either gay or one of those guys who lays it on thick in the beginning to snag you in and then becomes a total douche bag once he’s got you.

Speaking of douche bags….Bentley. I know America supposedly hates him but I absolutely love and adore him. I’m not stupid like Ashley and falling for his amazing charm, no he isn’t sweeping me off of my feet but I love how real he is. Finally, a bachelor who goes on the show and isn’t afraid to say that he isn’t attracted to her and that he was hoping it was someone else. You can’t tell me that 100 other guys/girls weren’t thinking it. Remember season one? Who the hell was attracted to Alex or whatever his name was….certainly not Trista like she pretended to be. I love how he is proving that the world is not made up of sunshine and rainbows and how this show puts you in a fairytale. Someone came right out and warned Ashley that he wasn’t there for the right reasons and she still fell head over heels in love with him and was devastated that he left. I am going to miss him, he made it more enjoyable to watch because let’s face it, this season is kind of dull. The only thing that would have made it better for me is if he was doing that to Emily who don’t even get me started on…..

Let’s talk about Jeff, the masked man. Yes, I see his point and it’s great and all but honestly, if you can’t stand to look at someone, I don’t care how nice they are, you aren’t going to pick them. He’s not a bad looking guy, I think he would have done better if he didn’t do that whole creepy mask thing. Besides, it’s not like you couldn’t tell exactly what he looked like underneath it. Were you surprised when he took it off? I wasn’t. Poor Ashley though, what pressure. To have him take off the mask and wait for a response for her….when she said he looked older in her interview, ouch.

Now let’s talk about the roast. Oh my freaking gosh, what on earth was Ashley thinking? She’s got self esteem issues and she brings her “dates” to a place where she wants them to insult her. I hate those kind of women, because you have to walk on eggshells around them. That was just stupid. Then, she gets upset when they do what she wants….please, she had no right to get upset. That just pissed me off, I can’t even tell you. The whole idea was stupid. But, way to go to the guys who stepped up and insulted her, they had balls and I like that.

JP’s date bored me to death. They are perfect for each other, they are both boring. I don’t even really have anything to say about that date other than if that didn’t send him running to the hills then nothing will. That date was a nightmare……I want to know where ABC came up with these "men" for Ashley.  I honestly think they are playing a cruel joke on her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment