Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Daisy

I have a cat.  Well, I actually have three cats but when we got rid of our house and started renting my family members took two of them.  I got stuck with Daisy.  Don't get me wrong, I adore her and she's adorable and so sweet but she has a problem.  Daisy has two bad kidneys and so she gets chronic Urinary Tract Infections.   I take her into the vet once a month to get a shot to keep them under control but she still has accidents on more than one occassion and it's getting old fast.   I have been doing the shots and medications for years thinking that she was never going to survive this long, how can she?  She has two bad kidneys.   Daisy is only 7 years old and looks like she is in the perfect health.   However, if you leave something on the floor like a shirt or towel, she pees on it.   She never pees on furniture or carpeting so it's always easy to clean up but it starting to become a major pain to me.    The kids are constantly leaving their clothes on the floor or a towel or their blankets, etc and the cat pees on them.    She also pees on plastic bags left on the floor. 

I feel so terrible for even thinking about putting her down but I have enough to deal with already having three kids and a house but to have to clean up after a cat too?   The kids adore her and she sleeps with either Jack or Olivia every single night.   The Beast loves to terrorize her and sometimes I swear he is trying to say "Daisy".    I just cannot justify putting a cat down who is not suffering but I am suffering.  My husband hates animals and didn't grow up with them so he of course has been saying "Kill her" for years now.   He has absolutely no compassion and that doesn't help.

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I don't have the strength to do it but I know in my heart I need to.   I have had her longer than I've had my kids in my life.   It is so hard.   I just feel like this might be the last thing that puts me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment