Monday, May 9, 2011

We are Having a Safari!

So next Saturday my beautiful daughter Olivia turns 7.   When I asked her what she wanted her theme to be for her birthday it was a toss up between Justin Bieber (yuck) and a Safari.   Finally, she decided she wanted a Safari theme.   I know that in the past I said that I was going to "tone down" the birthday parties but how can you not go all out when you are having an African Safari Birthday Party??  

I am praying for good weather - warm and sunny because everything I have planned is for the outdoors.  I am screwed if it rains because I have nothing planned inside nor would I even know what to do.  Her party is from noon to three pm and here is what I have planned.

-We have an amazing yard with 5 acres.  On the land we have ATV trails going around the property.  So, my plan is to hide "Jungle" animals (aka the kids stuffed animals) in the trees along the trails and  then my husband will take 4 or 5 girls at a time on the Polaris Ranger thru the trails to go on a Safari to find them.  

-I bought these adorable rubber ducks dressed as safari animals from http://www.orientaltrading.com/ that I am going to hide around the yard and give the girls clues to hunt them down.

-We have a fire pit with a nice seating area so I thought that we would have a bonfire with S'mores with our pizza and cake.

-I bought zebra pinatas (2 of them) that we are going to hang up in the sunroom and let the girls go to town smacking around.

That combined with cake and opening up presents should be a fun time and a memorable birthday party for Olivia.    The RSVP's keep coming in slowly but surely so I think she'll have enough girls there to make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment