Thursday, April 14, 2011

Worst Product Ever

On Saturday my husband and kids decided to hang out and do things outside.  I hate the outdoors, I am not an outdoors kind of girl so I was going to take the Beast and do some shopping at the outlet mall.   I don't know why I was being nice and taking him when it should have been a me day but that's beside the point.   Anyway, Olivia begged and begged for me to let her take the Beast outside and play with them while I finished getting ready.  Against my better judgement I let her.    As I was getting ready to walk out the door to collect my Beast and go shopping, the front door opens and I hear Olivia saying "I'm so sorry Mom".  Words that are NEVER good to hear.   

So, what happened was the kids were playing bubbles outside and the Beast was chasing the bubbles.   Jackson, my 4 year old was playing with his very dark green Crayola Washable Colored Bubbles that he got for his birthday.   They advertise them as not only "washable" but "spill proof".   Jackson put the bubbles down and the Beast went right over to them, grabbed them and tried to drink them.   It was a disaster.   One of the worst nightmare messes that I have seen.     I grabbed him away from Olivia who was covered in green and told her to go and wash her hands and threw the Beast on the floor to strip him of his brand new (just ripped the tags off that morning) shirt which had a wonderful stain of dark green.   His mouth was covered green and then I was covered in green because I was trying to get him cleaned up.    Isn't it beautiful?

So I have read some more things about these said "washable" bubbles and I think someone at Crayola was smoking a little too much crack while inventing these things.  Obviously they are not "spill proof" because my 1  year old spilled them all over himself.   It takes six sentances of instructions on how to "wash" these bubbles off of things - IMMEDIATELY with hot water and NO stain treatments because they just make them worse....etc.   Really Crayola?   It also says "Keep away from brick, vinyl, finished and unfinished wood, wallpaper, painted walls, carpeting, draperies, and other materials that cannot be laundered."   Obviously some idiot without children created this product.  

Anyway - this is just a warning to all parents because these look like such a fun, cute product.  I was very wrong.   

No comments:

Post a Comment